The Centerville Primary Village North PTO is actively committed to enhancing our children's educational experience with contributions of financial support and volunteerism. We collaborate with parents, teachers and staff to enrich our children's education and foster the wonder of learning. We create an environment that helps strengthen the connection between home and school.
PTO Supports Our School
We work hard to provide your family with both fundraising and non-fundraising events to create many wonderful family memories. Your involvement through joining, volunteering, and participating in PTO sponsored activities gives your child the great experiences you have come to expect from Centerville City Schools. Our primary events throughout the year include the Little Elk Rally, Winter Carnival, Fitness Challenge or Run and Read, and Book Fair.
The money the PTO raises helps purchase classroom equipment and supplies, books, supplemental field trips, art enrichment programs and supplies, playground equipment, cooking classroom supplies, and a whole lot more!
Message from the Principal
Thank you for your support of Centerville Primary Village North! Your children continue to excel due to the wonderful partnership between home and school. Please consider supporting our PTO which provides so many benefits to your child's learning experience. We look forward to this school year with your family.
Mrs. Cline, Principal
Parent Members of 2021-22 PTO Executive Board
Co-President: Mandy Cherry
Co-President: Tiffany Elder
Co-Vice President: Allison Barrett
Co-Vice President: Janese Sweeny
Treasurer: John & Lindsey Schmidt
Secretary: Amanda Stuart
Contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Open Positions for the 2022-23 School Year
Join the fun!
Please contact our PTO presidents at email@example.com for more information or to express your interest in any of the available positions.
Committee Chairperson Descriptions – Non Fundraising
- Homeroom Parent Coordinator – Ensure each classroom has a homeroom parent. Provide a network for disseminating information and acquiring volunteers. Assist in the organization of three yearly classroom parties.
Fundraiser Coordinators Descriptions
Each of the following fundraising events or activities of the PTO has one or more coordinators. The coordinators are responsible for planning and organizing activities to successfully complete the event. They are also responsible for overseeing the committee and working with volunteers.
- Winter Carnival - Responsible for helping the board coordinate food, silent auction, and various activities for children, such as a craft, face painting, games, etc.
- Winter Carnival Cake Walk – Coordinates dessert donations, setup, music, and teardown of Cake Walk.
- Winter Carnival Cookie Decorating – Coordinates donations of cookies, icing, and toppings.
- Winter Carnival Food – Coordinates food donations and all food for Winter Carnival.
- Winter Carnival Decorations – Coordinates the decorations for the Winter Carnival.
- Winter Carnival Games – Coordinates the games and prizes for the winter carnival. This includes free games/activities (purple neighborhood, library, Quest, etc.) as well as any other paying activities (storytime, face painting, inflatables, etc.).
- Winter Carnival Crafts – Coordinates the crafts and materials for the winter carnival.
- Winter Carnival Pre-Sales – Helps keep track of the tickets and/or wristband presale.
- Winter Carnival Silent Auction Co-Chair – Gets local businesses to donate to PVN for the Winter Carnival, groups items into baskets, creates inventory of baskets, coordinates the wrapping of baskets and is responsible for sending out thank you letters and maintaining the spreadsheet of what was donated.
- Fitness Challenge/Run & Read - Responsible for coordinating sponsor/donation sheets prior to and after the event. Coordinates running the event and snack.
- Scholastic Book Fair - Coordinates a week long book fair at PVN with Scholastic in the spring.
Information on volunteer opportunities comes home with your children at the beginning of the school year. Look for it in the second day packet.
Parents are needed on PTO committees and in school as volunteers to support our teachers and staff and make our children's learning experience complete. For example, you can become an academic volunteer, a Little Elk's Cafe monitor, an IMC (library) assistant, a home-room parent or classroom helper.
If you would like to be a committee chairperson, please contact our PTO presidents Mandy & Tiffany (firstname.lastname@example.org) to see what is available.
PVN PTO Meetings
Our meetings are the second Thursday of the month from 6:30-7:30 p.m. in the PVN Drama Center. Free child care is always provided.
- January 12
- February 10
The Winter Carnival is just around the corner and we need all the help we can get to make this event a fantastic success. Our first volunteer opportunity is Monday, Jan 16th from 1-4pm. We need help wrapping the non-homeroom baskets for our Silent Auction. We also need lots of help on Friday Night, Jan. 20th to set up all the fun activities and decorations and as well as volunteering for the event itself on Saturday, Jan. 21st. If you are interested in volunteering, please follow the links below to sign-up.
Monday, Jan. 16 Basket Wrapping:
Friday, Jan 20th and Saturday Jan 21st Carnival Parent Volunteer Sign Up:
For up-to-date information on PTO events, please refer to the PVN calendar.
Do you have pictures from one of our events that you would like to share? Please email them to PVNhistorian@hotmail.com and include name/grade/teacher. Your photo may end up in our school memory book!
PVN PTO 2022-2023 Student Directory
Each year the PTO compiles a student directory, available by email only. To be included in this year's directory, please complete this Google Form. The directory will be emailed out to everyone once it is completed.
Box Tops and Community Rewards Programs
Here is information about our Box Tops and other Community Rewards programs!
Kroger Community Rewards
- PVN ID #81175
- Link your Kroger Plus Card to PVN
Dorothy Lane Market Good Neighbor Program
- PVN ID #112
- Link your DLM Club Card to PVN
Box Tops for Education
PVN PTO Downloads
Click on the links below for additional information.